Grocery stores are necessary for the average American household. Not only can you save money, but grocery shopping tends to be a more enjoyable experience for most people. So how do you navigate to the closest grocery store to shop at? What are the pros and cons of being located near a grocery store? Let’s get started with the few methods of navigating to the nearest grocery store.
Use Google Map
Google Map is a great tool to use when you want to navigate to the nearest grocery store. Google Maps has a location feature, which allows you to see a Google Maps location search for the address you are looking for.
It’s convenient, affordable and efficient. However, Google Maps cannot help you find a store’s current hours or when its next open. Another drawback is that you cannot use a search for multiple addresses. You can only search for one specific address.
Use GPS Services
Finding out how to get to the nearest grocery store by using GPS services will cost you. GPS is another location-based mapping tool that allows you to get directions on where to go, the quickest route and so forth. But GPS services usually aren’t free. GPS navigation can come at a steep price, which is why there are several different types of GPS services to consider.
MapMyGPS GPS-based mapping services allow users to view how many steps they have traveled and how far they are in a distance. Once you have set up your account, you can use the GPS tracker to help you get to the nearest grocery store. There are several different GPS services to choose from, and you can find one that’s right for you to navigate to the nearest grocery store.
Use Your Phone as a GPS Device
Another option to navigate to the nearest grocery store with is through your smartphone. Using your mobile phone as a GPS device can be very efficient, especially if you have an Android or iOS device. The thing to note is that your phone must have GPS and Google Maps application. Without these apps, you will not be able to use your phone as a GPS device. If you don’t have an Android or iOS device, you can still use a sat nav or the standalone Maps application, but it’s not as convenient.
Pros to Navigate to the Nearest Grocery Store
Here are some benefits of navigating to the nearest grocery store:
- Time Saving – Being able to save time by using a GPS-based navigation service can be a real boon to your daily commute. When you’re driving to work and realize that you are close to the grocery store, it will definitely be nice to use your GPS-based navigation service to navigate there and save time.
- Effectiveness – GPS-based navigation services such as Google Maps and MapMyGPS are really effective at finding your way to the nearest grocery store. Once you set up your account, you can get the most out of your system by setting different preferences such as distance, timeliness and multiple addresses.
- Convenience – Since these GPS services have the capability of finding you your local grocery store, you won’t have to hunt for it on the map. Just search for it by typing in the address that you are looking for.
Cons to Navigate to the Nearest Grocery Store
Here are few cons to navigate to the nearest grocery store:
- More Expensive – Your smartphone may cost you a pretty penny. If you’re using an Android device, you can look for a GPS-based navigation service for a fee of around $30/month. If you are using a carrier that does not offer a GPS service as part of their service package, you can look for a GPS-based navigation service for a fee of around $30.
- Less Reliable – Using your phone for GPS navigation services is not the most reliable. You can get lost on the road. This can be a real inconvenience, especially if you have to go to several grocery stores.
- Mobile Maps are Still Not Accurate – There are still instances where mobile maps are not as accurate as regular maps. If you have to go to multiple grocery stores, you may be better off using GPS devices.
If you live in an area with few grocery stores, you should look into a GPS-based navigation service as it will be much easier to go grocery shopping than the other option. To navigate to the nearest grocery store , the first thing you should consider is the type of services that you need. If you are looking for a general GPS navigation service, then you can choose MapMyGPS.