Cirrhosis creates scars that damage your liver. The damage can prevent the vital organ from doing essential jobs like helping with digestion and removing toxins from the body. The faster your doctor diagnoses cirrhosis, the better you get treated and put a stop to the damage. You might be able to reverse some of the scaring. If it is in the early stage, cirrhosis does not cause symptoms. You might not realize it until your doctor finds signs of liver damage on a blood test during a routine checkup. If you have symptoms like fatigue, skin (jaundice), and bleeding, it’s better to see your doctor right away.
Blood tests at the best pathology lab in Jalandhar show whether you have cirrhosis or not.
How does physical examination test cirrhosis?
Your doctor will ask some questions about your symptoms, genetics, your health, and your family’s health history. Your health expert will also look for telltale signs of cirrhosis.
- It may have a swollen belly.
- It may form the liver size, sometimes enlarged and sometimes typical.
- It may enclose extra breast tissue in men.
- It may include redness on your Palms.
- You may have yellow skin or Eyes.
- You may have red blood vessels on your skin.
How does a blood test scan for cirrhosis?
If you have symptoms of cirrhosis or are at risk of developing diseases, your doctor will take a sample of your blood. Tests at the best pathology lab in Jalandhar will help medics spot signs of cirrhosis and liver damage. It may help your doctor learn what caused the disease.
The liver test will measure levels of enzymes and protein produced by your liver. It will include the following blood work.
- Alanine transaminase (ALT) and aspartate transaminase (AST) allow your body to break down protein and amino acids. levels of AST and ALT can mean that your liver is leaking the enzymes as it gets damaged from cirrhosis or another disease. Nevertheless, the label can be normal if you have cirrhosis.
- The Albumin test is made on a protein produced by the liver. When the liver is damaged, the level of albumin in the blood will fall.
- The Bilirubin test is done at the best pathology lab in Jalandhar on a yellow pigment leftover when old blood cells get broken down. When the liver does not function properly, bilirubin will build up in the blood and will cause the skin and eyes to become yellow.
- Creatinine is a waste product produced by your muscles. The kidney normally filters it out of your blood. A high level of creatinine is a sign of Kidney damage. It happens in the lowest stage of cirrhosis.
- A sodium blood test gets done when the sodium level in the blood Falls and is an indicator that you have cirrhosis. The doctor will use the result of the blood test to give you a model for end-stage liver disease. It will show how much of your liver got damaged. Reach us today for Assure pathlabs all test.